Disney Digital Services has launched Connections, a new service that plugs our filmmakers into connected creativity all over the world. Utilizing our amazingly fast Studio Production Network and our digital connectivity hub at One Wilshire in Downtown Los Angeles, our Studio Production Technology team has created a service that travels at the speed of light. This service not only connects to our global hubs so our partners can meet and connect, but also features direct high-speed connections to a number of Disney’s key suppliers and vendors.
Our multiple high-speed fiber optic networks and services running at super speedy 10 gigabits-per-second each is over 50 times faster than even the fastest cable modems that are used today. Our Connections service enables a digital, file-based world that defines and sometimes has defied our industry. With Connections, we are able to bridge this gap and deliver both files and real-time streaming connectivity services that just work – seamlessly.
Some of the services that Connections enables include:
- Collaborative Remote Review and Approval Screenings in Digital Cinema Quality in 2D and 3D
- Collaborative Remote Visual Effects Approval Screenings
- Collaborative Remote Sound Mix Playback and Approval
- Collaborative Remote Color Timing and DI
- Transfer Manager and File Mover Services to ensure file integrity, security and receipt
Connecting with Man Up
Read this interview with Man Up’s Post Supervisor, Ric White